Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Melt My Heart

I’m always fascinated by the things that Lina picks up and chooses to repeat. Like when she holds one of her babies close, pats them on the back and says “Come ‘ere. It’s okay, it’s okay.” Sometimes I have to figure out where she learns these things, like where she learned what a clock was. We hadn’t talked about that yet, and she pointed to a clock on one of her toys and said, “Look Mommy, a clock!” Except all the L’s were missing… yep, that’s how she pronounces clock. Which is funny when she isn’t saying it loudly throughout the aisles of Target.

Most of the time though, I know where it’s coming from. Yesterday she stood up next to where I was sitting, cupped my face, looked into my eyes and said “You’re beautiful.” Melted me into a pool of butter. Mostly I was proud that I taught her that. And that she was able to grasp that I meant it every time I said it. But more than anything, I was just glad that she repeated “you’re beautiful” instead of the bad word I may have uttered a little too loudly as I was getting pulled over a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment