Monday, September 15, 2014

Big Sister



At dinner with my family, Lina is wearing her Big Sister shirt but already sitting down so no one sees it.  I have quietly asked her twice to tell Mimi that she is going to be a big sister.  She’s too busy being with her cousins to talk about it.  Eventually Jessie sees the sideways “G” on Lina’s shirt and knowing that isn’t my usual style asks Lina what her shirt says.

Lina: (very casually) It’s my sister shirt.
Mimi: What? You’re going to be a big sister?
Lina: Yep
Mimi: Let me see your shirt!
(Lina stands up and shows everyone her shirt, sits back down and continues coloring with her cousins).
Mommy: Lina, tell Mimi how big your baby is,
Lina: Um… I don’t remember.
Mommy: (whispers) pea.
Lina: Oh, it’s as big as a pea.
Mommy: How big was it last week?
Lina: It was an apple seed!  Livi, last week the baby was an apple seed, now it’s a pea!
Mommy: Lina, tell Mimi what you named the baby.
Lina: Love!
Mommy: And then you changed it to…
Lina: Heart!
Mommy: Loveheart.
Lina: Yeah, Loveheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment