Monday, April 27, 2009

Vote For Me!

First of all, I was right. I really do LOVE comments, and I love seeing my number of followers grow from 3 to 5. Thanks Jim and Sue! It is very possible that I will be in your area soon. I have added a trip to KC to what I want for my birthday.

Second, I should revise my last post to include that I really don't mind waking up at the crack of dawn on a sleep in day, driving an hour and working around someone else's schedule to get my hair cut. I mean, after all, it's not like I trust anyone else to come near my hair with a pair of scissors. It's one thing to have a good stylist. But it is a completely different thing to have a good stylist who not only knows what your hair does but also knows your personality. Last time I went to a Custom Cuts for a trim and a few measly layers, the lady rolled her eyes and complained to her co-workers about having to cut my hair before she could go home. And if I walked in to an extremely upscale salon and told them I was sick of fighting with the do-rag and tangles from riding, they would look at me as if I were crazy. Peggy on the other hand gets this. My spunky, red-headed, biker b**** of an Aunt understands me. I can tell her to cut my hair however she wants to, and it always looks great. And while she usually likes to keep my hair long, she had no problems hacking away at the yards of hair. Although, I'm pretty sure I look even more like my mother now. I haven't taken any pictures of the new do yet, but as soon as I do, I will share them with all of you.

As a side note: I was walking around Wal-greens last Wednesday with a migraine looking for a special kind of medicine for Mason's cold. I don't know why he can't live off of Day-quill like the rest of the household (me). But I stumbled across the hair remover that promises that you will never need a razor, toxic creams, or wax again. You just rub off the hair with this special As Seen On TV thing (for the record, they have an entire aisle dedicated to As Seen On TV products). And I have to admit, I am insanely curious about this. Does it actually work? Does it take less time then a razor? These are the things that I NEED to know.

Steph- We may not beat your CSI theme or the Octo-mom theme, but I am confident that dressing like the floor of the movie theater will beat out Angie and Matt's team (Nerds), Loony Toons, Luau and Mexican themes. And no, I'm not supposed to know all of those, but the people around here can NOT keep a secret. Just curious, anyone who reads this one, out of these choices who would you choose to win best theme? Stephanie, you are not allowed to vote for your own team!
CSI
Octo-mom
Night at the Movies (dressed as the floor)
Nerds
Loony Toons
Luau

3 comments:

  1. I think that CSI one sounds really cool. Whoever thought of that one must be REALLY smart.

    P.S. This isn't Stephanie. This is her friend Bethany... i'm just using her computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would vote for Octo-mom (if it's done right)....sorry.
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other good thing about your stylist is that you can get in at the last minute for emergency cuts. :)
    ~J

    ReplyDelete