Friday, January 8, 2010

Week 8 - Raspberry!

I thought I was going to have to take back my previous statement about gas bubbles being the worst of my problems when I got sick in the parking lot at work on Monday (I couldn't make it back to the bathroom, I barely made it to the grass in time). I thought I was going to tell you all how much afternoon sickness sucks, but no such luck. My sister called to tell me not to worry about getting morning sickness, she generously took care of it for me with her sympathy sickness. But it was too late. After my 3rd dash to the bathroom I decided this was definitely not the baby's doing. This was something much, much worse.

I'm struggling with how much detail to include with this post. I have no problems telling the world exactly which trip to the bathroom I learned to never trust a fart. But do you really want to hear all the gory details? Probably not, so I will run with the "less is more" concept. Long story short, my sister, Mother, 3 cousins, 1 of their kids, my niece, and 2 of my aunts all got sick. And since we all ate lunch together on Sunday, we assumed it was food poisoning. Then the men started getting sick too. And let me tell you, this was not a fun one at all. It wasn't until yesterday that I could really eat again. Wednesday I tried, but about half a PB&J was all I could handle at a time. So for 2 1/2 days, while blueberry was working on growing his/her brain, I wasn't getting any nutrition.

But now, now it's a Raspberry! And my jeans are getting a little tight. Not so tight that I will stop wearing them, just a little tighter then normal, especially with the three pounds I lost this week (which I'm sure was all water weight). This week Raspberry is getting elbows, fingers and toes. The ears, eyes and nose are also starting to form. But most importantly, neurons are starting to fire in Raspberry's brain. Thank goodness the thought of food doesn't make me want to barf, I really need to scarf down those brain foods. Except Steak n' Shake sounds really good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment