Friday, June 4, 2010

Good Cop/Bad Cop

Well, the good news is my pre-eclamsia test came back negative.  So far, I'm just caring 20 pound ankle weights made of water.  Which by the way, makes for exhausting stair climbing.  I went to the mall with my sister the other day in search of a non-existent perfect yellow dress, and after a few hours I was ready to be carried to my car.  I was worn out.  My back hurt, the muscle I irritated almost a week ago grew angry, my feet were done and even my hips hurt.  Mason blamed it on my lack of working out (how he came out of that discussion alive, I'm still not sure).  I blamed it on the watermelon strapped to my stomach.  He's seen how easily I get winded these days, and how it is a struggle just to get up from the couch, so why he thought working out would be the reason I don't know.  I mean, I knew some things would be more difficult, but this is just absurd.  It seems the only thing that still moves correctly are my arms.  Plus, you know you look bad when everyone tells you to sit down at a BBQ (when that's you've been doing all day) and your boss gives you her chair at a meeting.  If my ankles weren't actually hurting and the meeting hadn't already started, I would have turned her down.

The bad news though... I failed my glucose test.  Which means I have to take ANOTHER three hour version of this don't eat or drink anything except this yucky syrup like substance for almost 12 HOURS.  Cruel and unusual punishment.  Plus last time, it made me burp, which brought back the oh so delightful flavor.  Not looking forward to that part.  I'm trying to think positively about this though.  If I fail the second test, then I get to be on a very restricted diet, which means the cookies I'll be craving won't stick to my thighs.  The baby and I will also be eating healthier and there is nothing wrong with that.  I'm just really glad that our team BBQ at work was today and not next Friday.

Which brings me back to Good Cop.  I now officially have two recipes for my future cookbook.  Cookie Apple Crisp and French Vanilla Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies.  Hmm, I see a trend here.  I wonder if this is going to turn in to a cookie cookbook.

And in case you were wondering, it feels really weird when your toes are swollen.  I mean, really weird.  And I am quite sure you were all wondering about that.

1 comment: