Friday, July 16, 2010

Only 5 Weeks Left (Give or Take)

Seriously? 5 weeks? That just doesn’t seem right. There is so much that needs to be done before these 5 weeks are up. Like cleaning the house top to bottom (because I won’t have time once she’s here) and reorganizing under the bathroom sink and the medicine closet so her stuff can fit too. Ahhh! Just too much to do and no time to do it. I’m glad Mason has decided to take a semester off. I was a little against it at first, except for the fact that he will actually have time to spend with his brand new baby. But now that the to do list is growing, and the available time is shrinking, I’m relieved. Plus running on an average of 5 hours of sleep a night, I’m not very motivated to do actual physical work once I get home. No wonder I was able to crank out those thank you cards so quickly, I just didn’t want to get up and do laundry or sweep the kitchen floor.


So the other day while I was waiting to get my programs reinstalled from the laptop upgrade Monday night, I started to create a to do list of everything that needs to be done before baby gets here. I fully expected this to both stress me out even more, and to provide a little bit of relief. Because making a list that is sooooo long is stressful. But crossing things off that list, rejuvenating. And having an actual list to look at instead of a jumbled mess in my head is much easier to access.

A lot of people are saying that they think this little baby will be coming into this world early. My Mother in Law being the most adamant about it. Mason also thinks she will be here early, but his definition of early is a day or two before the due date, which really isn’t early at all. I want one of those crazy babies who get here on the due date just to prove everyone wrong. I think IF she comes early it will be by a week at most. Besides I feel like I need all the time I can get just to get everything 100% ready for her arrival. Anyway, the car seat base is getting installed this weekend, and the hospital bag is getting packed as well. And since I just received my 10% off coupon from Target, that registry will be padded with everything I might want to buy (you know, like Wii games), after my last official shower next weekend. After the work shower, which I only know it will be on a Friday, I plan on doing the same with the Babies r’ Us registry.

In other news, I officially had to move the driver’s seat back. I could still fit, but it’s a little weird to have your stomach touching things. We must have just gone through a growth spurt because I’m touching more and more things with my belly without meaning too. The gate into the kitchen, the counter, my desk at work, Mason, anything I’m walking up to… The list goes on and on. It’s also amazing what I can’t reach because I just can’t get close enough. And if my belly is just resting against the desk, someone feels the need to push back. Ornery little girl. I wonder where she gets that from.

No comments:

Post a Comment